Uniloy Shifting to New Factory in Ahmedabad by April

6,773

Uniloy Shifting to New Factory in Ahmedabad by April 

Uniloy is finally moving to a new location in Ahmedabad (Gujarat). The company is shifting to the rented premises in initially to start its manufacturing facility in India. It will commence operation at the new rented factory, which will be functional under the title ‘Uniloy Plastics Machinery Pvt Ltd’ by April 2024.

The move is overdue as Uniloy continue to operate from Milacron India premises even after years of announcing separation in 2019. Milacron Holdings Corp. exited the Uniloy blow molding machinery business four years ago.

- Advertisement -

New factory in Ahmedabad

Uniloy has also firmed-up plans to invest in its own factory in the next few years. “We will set-up our own site in the next 18 months in Ahmedabad, investing about $1 million in India, ” informed JIgnesh Panchal, Assistant General Manager (Sales) Uniloy in an interaction at the recently concluded Plastfocus show in New Delhi from 1st – 5th February 2024.

On reasons of investing in site in India, Uniloy official said, “We have seen potential and opportunity in the Indian market during our presence in last 15 years. Now the time has come when we should have our own facility to cater this market better.”

Uniloy supplies on an average 3 lines in a month and about 36 lines annually. But with the new site coming, it targets to double the sale to 60-70 lines in a year.  Currently, it operates sales & service offices in the cities of Ahmedabad & Haridwar.

Uniloy supplies blow molding extrusion lines from its Indian site, having 130+ installation in India so far. It will continue supplying UMS series with models like UMS 70, UMS 100LS, UMS 140, UMS 220 with features like view strip, angular neck, dome neck & ML. The range has application in FMCG, lubricants, agro chemical & pesticides, medical & pharma, dairy & juice bottles. Now Uniloy also offers turnkey projects providing machines, mold & auxiliaries.

Currently, Uniloy  supplies all standard hydraulic lines in India. Is there any plan to launch the all-electric variants from global portfolio to the Indian market also.

Despite price sensitive nature of the Indian market, Uniloy is going ahead with on-going expansion and investment in new facility. “We have observed that Indian market is changing and customers outlook is also transforming, customers are now willing to pay for technology and versatility in application.”

The work force would also be tripled once its own site becomes operational. The rented Ahmedabad site will have about 50 people employed in the first phase with headcount to triple to 150 people on shift to new plant.

The company has already served the overseas markets like the Middle East & Africa and with new plant functional shortly, it is also planning to cater the of N American market also. Once the new plant becomes operational, 70% of the production caters the domestic market and remaining 30% would be exported to various overseas markets.”

Headquartered in Tecumseh, Michigan,Uniloy operates facilities in multiple locations globally and regarded as a global leader in blow molding technologies, and the only blow molding machine manufacturer to offer four unique blow molding technologies as well as blow molds and associated tooling. Its core technologies include UR Reciprocating Series Blow Molding Machines, Industrial Blow Molding Machines; UAI Accumulator Head and UCI Continuous Extrusion, UIB Injection Blow Molding Machines, and the UCS.E All-electric Continous Extrusion Shuttle Machine.

uniloy.com

#Uniloy#indianplasticmagazine#modernplasticsaward#plasticnews#modernplasticsgermany #ginujoseph#modernplastic#plasticindia#plasticrecycling#sustainability #modernplasticsglobalnetwork#modernglobalnetwork#modernplasticsaward2024 #plasticmagazine #PlasticIndustry #modernplasticsmiddleeast#indianmagazine#innovations #modernplasticsamerica #modernplasticsbangladesh #modernplasticsasia #modernplasticsitaly